FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi,
Yes i'm must be the dumb ***. I have been performing minor maintenance on my J200PLSSC t-stats, new VRO2/OMS pump, new oil pickup, and new water pump. I messed up and turned the shift rod and it took me about 5 times taking the motor on and off to finally get the shift rod the right height...
Last time I was at Bay Marina, the TECH told me to start changing the foot oil 2-3 times a summer because of high usage. He said I had carbon building up on the gears. I was wondering if anyone know of an additive that can be used in the lower unit oil/grease that will remove carbon on the...
Changing water pump--messed up -- and need the shift rod height. Have the repair book, but can't find it. I think it is 21-15/16, but not sure. She goes into forward and reverse, and neutral, but it takes a long time and grinding the gears. I was working before. I think i turned the rod a...
HI,
I have a 2000 Johnson 200 hp model J200PLSSC on a 19ft Stratos 19SS Extreme bass boat. I have been fishing about every day the last two summers. She has got a lot of use in the last two years. The last two trips i had the low oil and check engine light (bottom two lights on the system...
Hi.
I have a 2001 Stratos 19 extreme SS with a 2001 200hp Johnson. I bought the boat 2 years ago. My problem is that I have a purple wire at the battery that is not connected to the pos terminal and I do not know what it is for. I thought is might be the ignition wire to the key switch or the...
I have a 2000 stratos w/ 2000 200hp johnson. I am in the process of replacing the PSI water pressure guage and tubing. It had a guage on it when it was new. Prior owner removed it and the tube. I am having trouble locating where the tube hooks to the motor. Please send me a picture or...