FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I’ve done a compression test all four are even around 115.
Tested primary and secondary coils per OHM readings, all very similar in spec.
Changed fuel pump diaphragms, cleaned carbs and reset to specs, new spark plugs.
Engine starts, idles and has a miss. It’ll run WOT but it’ll stumble and...
I recently picked up a "1960" 16 ft. aluminum deep v "smoker craft" that doesn't have a coast guard plate on it. There wasn't a HIN either, so the previous owner got a new title for the boat and a new HIN. I'm in Michigan and I'm not sure what the laws are here to make the boat legal.
Do I need...
I'm currently in the process of adding an additional 5 inches to the transom of my old smokercraft. I'm wondering what sealant/adhesive you recommend to block out the water? The 5200 doesn't say its recommended for metal. Would silicone be fine or is there some sort of marine grade sealant that...
What exactly does this do? I've come to realize that my seahorse does not have this on it and I am concerned it may be the reason why it's not idling correctly.
Does this lock out the timing plate from rotating too far?
Do I even need this part?
PICS ADDED!!!!
Can anyone help me set my timing. The motor is pretty hard to keep idling and I have had to adjust linkage and screw my tiller screw in all the way to keep it going. Can someone help me with the proper procedure for setting the timing.
Thank you!
I'll try to post pics of the...
I have a 73 Johnson 25 hp longshaft that i recently picked up. It was sitting for a few years. I took apart the carb and cleaned it. I start it up and it will not idle. I have to manually open it closer to WOT for it to continue to run.
The thing smokes like a SOB and occasionally spits and...