FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I'm easing myself back into boating. My previous single axle boat trailers didn't have brakes. I am coming from an RV so I fully understand the value of brakes on a trailer.
My future boat trailer will have electric brakes on it.
My question is...do I need to go electric over hydraulic or...
Hello everyone!
I hope everything is going well for you all today! I have a unique boating need and a pretty tight budget in the 3-5k range. I need a general purpose boat that will let me do many things.. and I want to keep the length down to no more than 17 ft. Here is my unique...
I am restoring a 1984 Cimmeron Fish/Ski combo, trihull, 15.5 ft with a 70 hp OMC Johnson and power trim.
I live in Tennessee but I have a lot of family in Hudson, FL. We have always fished in the bay/flats etc. We normally take an old 12 ft flat bottom jon out with a 10 hp motor. I want to...
Hello,
I wanted to post my progress on my restoration of my 1984 Cimmeron fish/ski combo. I inherited this project from my Father-in-Law. He lost interest, so woo hoo for me and my family!
Little info on the boat.
1984 Cimmeron fish/ski combo
70 hp Johnson with Power trim
"Supposedly"...
I'm in the middle of a restoration of a 1984 Cimmeron 15.5 ft tri-hull fish/ski combo with an 80 hp Johnson. The stringers are toast, however the transom seems to be solid. I will know more in a few days when I get the top hull half off the bottom hull.
Anyway, I know I am going to be...