FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I bought a Mercury 2.5HP 4-stroke off Craigslist for my son's inflatable. The guy sent me video (while speaking the date) of the motor running before I bought it. Ever since I got it home it won't run past idle. It will idle for an hour (literally) without a hiccup, but if you try to rev past...
I just bought a used 2.5HP model from 2012 and I'm having an issue where the motor will start (a little reluctantly) and can maintain idle, but it won't let me rev it at all. When I advance the throttle it runs very slightly faster and a lot rougher. Sometimes it just dies. This happens in...