FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I had a compression check done at a local marine dealer and got back the following information. For this particular motor are these readings bad, good, or excellent?<br />#1 - 110<br />#2 - 100<br />#3 - 110<br />#4 - 105<br />#5 - 100<br />#6 - 95
I have rebuilt the carburetors on a 1996 Johnson 200hp venom and after placing carbs back on the engine the idle is fluctuating. It will idle at 1500 at startup then after 20 seconds it will climb up to 3000 for a few seconds then return to 1500...then same thing again..
I have 1996 Javelin bass boat with a 1996 Johnson 200hp Venom model#J200STLED. The engine starts the first try everytime and idles smooth. Very often when the engine is in gear and I attempt to launch and plane out it will die on me or sometimes the engine will turn the rpms but I am not getting...