FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi there,
My 24' Chieftain sits atop a decent trailer, but not decent brakes. I tow it with my Tacoma. I know it is a bit underpowered, but it has a beefed up suspension and 4 cylinder brake calipers. (I only worry about my transmission.) I purchased the boat and trailer last year to discover a...
Yeah, i totally get why people do that (it's not an easy beast to drive without being able to see the bow at all), but I could never get myself to and I like the room it offers. I enjoy bringing things back to their old glory.
It still overheats a slight amount at wide open throttle, then quickly cools back down. The shifting seems wonky, someone emptied the hydraulic trailer brake reservoir because it was sticking. Go e-brake?... bolt it solid without fluid? It's a bit big for my pickup, I know... also performance...
Hello, my name is James. I picked up this '73 Chieftain last year. I did some minor engine work, got it running well after cleaning out tons of rust out of the exhaust manifold (still seems beefy)
This year will be focusing on structure. I noticed some rot beginning at the top of the transom...
Hey guys, my name is James. I am new to the forum. This is my 25' Chieftain that I picked up last year. You will be seeing me more and more as I tackle the transom this year.
PS: I know the tacoma is a little undersized...