FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: Volve steering arm removal
Re: Volve steering arm removal
Scutty, You are right on it, I made the tool you described, was able to find a 9/16 18 thread bolt nut and washer (had to get at Fastenal) I screwed it right in, tightened nut down and it came right off. Amazing how simple something...
I have a 2003 Volvo 5.0 GXI with a DP-SM out drive, I need to remove the steering arm off the gimbal ring. Lower pivot has been removed, All four nuts and washers removed, center bolt removed. The service manual states, use puller 3854361 to remove arm, it seems these pullers are hard to come...
I just purchased a 2003 Larson 310 cabrio with 5.0 gxi, 270 h.p.. My issue is having a hard time planing off. I will push throttles wide open and the boat will run up to 2500 rpm and won't plane off. Worse in rough water, worse with 4 or more on the boat. If I turn sometimes that will make it...