FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey Guys,
Your forum has been invaluable to my project of replacing the gimbal ring, it's finally all coming back together but installing the bellows is giving a bit a problem, we're redoing all the bellows and we got a new shift cable in and everything but we tried putting the bellows on to...
I have a pre-alpha on a merc 228 and I need to replace the gimbal ring, steering spline, and steering arm due to many objections on the board over safety. Thanks btw, I don't wanna die b/c of stupidity.
But I would like recommendations as to how to do it. I have an engine lift for the boat...
Hey Guys,
I was taking my boat ('77 Yarcraft w/ merc228) out for a shakedown cruise and about 5 minutes in the steering went loose and lost control. Luckily nobody was hurt and the boat is mainly fine but I have no steering. I took the outdrive out and the problem is the spline that goes into...
I just bought a used Merc 228 on a 19ft Cuddy Cabin, I haven't run it on water yet, but I was wondering what maintenance I should do to keep it running good. I don't know the status as far as winterizing, but the oil appears clean and full. But I'm thinking about changing the oil and oil...