FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Is the hull supposed to be a ballast? I mean Is the space beneath the floor supposed to be airtight between the floor and the hull? (The floor has some cracks in it)
There are a couple of stringers that are pretty soft. If put in a parallel stringer and put a 1/8 or 1/4 plywood floor and glass...
Is the hull supposed to be a ballast? I mean Is the space beneath the floor supposed to be airtight between the floor and the hull? (The floor has some cracks in it)
I am a novice boater . I am 16 years old and my dad and I have done about 5 or 6 frame up car restores ( a couple of Bricklins, a couple of Escorts, a 49 Chevy pickup, etc. ) and 20 or so engine overhauls. Dad - and his dad - restored a very old wooden Trojan cabin cruiser in the 60s and 70s...
Gallatin Tennessee
Model plate and other pics. Some in this forum had given me year information. I Ordered a manual for a 1970 series 80HP motor. Will receive next week. Thanks in advance!
I need to understand if the boat is supposed to have a generator or alternator on it to charge the battery. The motor looks as if it might have a space opposite the starter, but there is no alternator or any cabling,
I need a Main Wiring Harness from the motor (1976 Johnson 80HP) to the key switch on the dashboard. Also the key switch panel. I also need the full throttle/shifter mechanism and cable from the steering wheel to the motor.
Don't care if they are originals. I see a few available on EBay and...
Thanks so much! This helped quite a bit. It appears to be stuck in gear. Motor turns some (not 360 degrees), prop doesn't turn at all. Time to purchase a manual. How do I find a trustworthy source - and make sure I am purchasing the correct manual?
No doubt! I am concerned....... Many years ago, a friend advised me to "jack up the radiator cap and drive a new car under it" when I was doing a frame up on a Javelin. I may be pulling out the trailer and putting it under a different boat! ;-)
Let me know if I post too many pictures.
My main concern is this boat hull may be "too far gone". Don't hesitate to let me know if I have purchased a "lost cause". (I once bought a Bricklin car that came to me in boxes). I've only got 200 bucks in it right now.
ID plate attached for reference...
Let me know if I post too many pictures.
My main concern is this boat hull may be "too far gone". Don't hesitate to let me know if I have purchased a "lost cause". (I once bought a Bricklin car that came to me in boxes). I've only got 200 bucks in it right now.
ID plate attached for reference...
Thanks for the input! I will get moved to the correct sub-forum.
I am finding some rotten wood and broken fiberglass inside the boat. Outside of the hull looks pretty good except for the shoddy paint job.
Here's a few pics. Some (including me) would question my sanity on this one...... ;-)