FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I changed out the motor on my boat from a mercury to a johnson. I diagramed all the wiring I had to take lose to move the motor. When the johnson was on my old boat the alarm buzzer never went off. Now after moving it over to the new boat it comes on when I turn on the key on stays on after...
I changed out the switch boxes on my 150XR2. I checked everything I was told to check before changing out the boxes. Before I had fire on 1,3,5. Now there is no fire on any cylinder. I double checked the wires and all are in the right place.
I have a Evinrude 50HP and there is oil coming from inside the lower unit while running. Checked lower unit oil and it came out clear with no signs of water. Where could oil be coming from?
I would like to change out and evinrude outboard to a johnson. Are the controls and wiring the same or do I need to put the controls from the johnson to do the switch. Both are from the mid 1980's.