FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1979 Mercury 70hp outbooard.
Fuel is leaking from the crank case vent line where is connects to the air box.
Could I have a dead cyl or should I have the carbs rebuilt?
The engine has sat for more than 10 yrs and it has just over 100hrs on it. I've only gone out on the water once and it...
Hello,
I'm new to Outboards but I'm mechanically inclined.
I've just been given a 15'6" Hourston Glass Craft with a 1978 70 HP Merc Thunderbolt on it. Its been parked outdoors for 5+yrs and I started it for the first time today with ears on, It ran quite well considering. I ran Sea Foam in the...