FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1989 mercury 150 xr2 it started idling rough and Boggs when you push the throttle I just rebuilt the carbs and notice one of the reeds stuck open when I had my carbs off could the messed up reed be causing it to run rough this is my first boat so I don't know much
I have a 88 xr4 150 on a 18ft venture wot it turning 5000 Rpms. The Rpms seem low to me it has a 24 pitch laser 2 on it should I go with a 22 or 23 pitch to get Rpms up.
I have a 88 mercury black max xr4 150 runs great idling but only runs 4000 Rpms at wot it has good compression and good spark just can't figure out if the timing is off or something