FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
So I took out a newly purchased boat on Memorial Day for the first time... Its a 1990 Thundercraft, with a 5.0L Mercruiser and...
Here is what Happened:
I lost Power Steering after about 1 hour of boating, I quickly discovered that the LOW PRESSURE line had burst and all the fluid all leaked...
:mad:Need Advice:
Most of you have probably heard this story 100s of times? I found a boat last Fall that was a steal at $400? just needed a little work? floor had a few soft spots, and the engine just needed a tune up?
Reality ? okay, I am a boat newbie and perhaps my ?steal? wasn?t a steal...
I have rebuilt several automotive enigines but am new to the marine world.
My friend recently gave me his old boat for free (it has some major issues!)
The inboard motor is a 1989, 165 HP, 4 cylinder, 224 ci, 3.7L.
The Issue:
When I added cololent to the resevoir, it immediately drained into...