FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
So I just bought this used boat, an 88 Wellcraft powered by MCM165. It started right up and ran great. I've even had it out for a run on the water and it ran way better then expected. So I figure ill do some work on it and clean some things up. I get up under the dash and its just a crazy rat...
So I just bought a 1990 bayliner Capri with a ford 2.3 OMC cobra. The guy I bought it off of started it up briefly and told my its not running right. So I bring it home and do some compression test and find three of the cylinders have great compression but the # 2 cylinder had zero compression...
I bought this cheap and I have $1000 to play with for a new engine and I'm just trying to review my options.
-I could buy a used 2.3 at a local boat yard for 6-700 but no one knows the condition yet.
- someone is selling the same boat, engine and trailer for 800 but he's not sure on condition...
We launched on Thursday. We started up and all seemed fine so we start our short trip across the lake to the marina. 5mins in and I'm just at idle speeds to get to the channel when I noticed a progressively loud whine/squeal. Suddenly the starboard engine quits as well as the whine. I wait a...
I've been noticing that while trying to get on plane with the vista it struggles a bit with the port side engine. As I throttle up I get about half way and the port side engine seems to lose steam, not much but the port side rpm's drop instantly to around 3000 while the starboard side raises...
I don't really understand this but here is the situation. I have twin 5.0GI volvo pentas. Two weeks ago I noticed my port side engine was running on the cool side, *around 120-130.
I picked up a new thermostat and replaced the old one. On my test run I noticed on idle it seemed to be climbing up...
So my dad has a 1978 Bayliner Saratoga that myself and my wife used last season. We had a good week long trip but we did run in to some engine issues. I would like to get it running properly in order to sell it to a buddy.
The Engine is:
1978 230hp Mercruiser (Ford) 351
Symptoms:
After...