FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a '96 88 SPL, that I've been having a hard time getting to turn over. The starter seemed to not have enough juice to turn the flywheel, which caused me to end up pulling the lower unit, turning the flywheel by hand without plugs, etc. After a water pump replacement, everything seems to...
Hello.
First off, a big thanks to all the folks on this forum.
Problem:
I have a 1996 Johnson 88 SPL (J88TSLEDR), that had a corroded wire going to the trim motor. The wire was green and brittle all the way through, so I serviced the PTT unit and replaced the motor. However, now when I...