FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Ok So I Had The Carbs Rebuilt By A Marina And Picked Them Up Today. Reinstalled Them And When I Prime The Line Or When The Engine Is Running Gas Is Flying Out Of These Ports At The Top Of The Float Chamber On Each Carb. I Think Maybe The Floats Are Stuck?? I Have Uploaded A Picture Of Where The...
Ok My 85 Outboard Will Only Start With The Help Of Staring Fuild. I Cleaned The Carbs But I Am Thinking A Total Rebuild Is In Order. Thoughts Anyone? And The Plugs Are Brand New.
Ok..i Replaced The Water Pump Impeller Last Week. Put The Lower Unit Back Together. When Running On The Muffs Water Is Barely Pushing Out. I Am Getting The Water To Spit Out Of The Exhaust Port Though. Thoughts Anyone? Maybe I Should Try In A 50 Gal Drum To See If There Is A Difference...
Ok I Put In A New Gas Tank The Primer Ball Will Not Harden Up When Pumped. I Have Rebuilt The Carbs, New Fuel Pump Diaphram, New Fuel Lines. So Everything Related To The Fuel System Is New. Now The Only Things I Did Not Change Is The Rubber Fill Tube From The Gas Cap To The Tank And The Rubber...
Ok. Put A New Gas Tank In , New Fuel Line , Primer All The Goods. It Ran Fine Before I Replaced All The Old Equipment. Now I Have To Admit She Sat For 3 Years Before I Got Her Last Month. I Did Start Her About 2 Weeks Ago And She Ran Great Out Of A Gas Can With Mix. I Did Not Clean The Carbs. I...
ok just put a new gas tank in my boat. hooked all the lines up properly. when i prime it i can't get the primer to to harden up. if it does it wont stay that way after the motor runs for a minute and the motor stalls. if i just put the fuel line in a seperate gas tank it will run and prime and...