FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have condensation coming from the oil breather cap when I'm running is this normal or not normal. I have just put on a new head gasket and exhaust and intake manifold gaskets. What would cause this if not normal? Any problem in running it to see how much. And why is it directed to exit...
I'm replacing head gasket in my cobra 2.3L and book says to but i'm down to it and it's not in the way, it doesn't look like i would have to unless something inside the engine requires me to. Any one know? Thanks
I removed my drive and went through it and aligned my engine and now I'm putting the drive back on and I can get with in 3in and stops, the drive shaft is hitting at bottom of coupler. What a pain. Is there a special way to line it up? or is it trail and error. First time in doing all of this...
How far should the alignment tool go in, mine goes in about 1 in with markings on bottom but not top, I don't know how far it should go in, being my first time, should it go to the first stop on tool? which is about 3in.:confused:
What is the best way to check my OMC 2.3 Liter ford cobra exhaust manifold for blockage? I'm sorting out a overheating problem, I'm seperating my lower unit as we speak to check that area and have replaced the water pump impeller and already has a new cir pump.:confused:
Re: water output on a 1988 bayliner omc 2.3 Liter
Here is the picture. It is my understanding water is suppose to come out of one of the holes if the earmuffs are attached. Am I wrong because when I hook them up and turn on the water nothing comes out of either hole. :confused:
New to Iboat I have a question rather a couple questions. I just replaced the water pump on my omc stern drive, when I hook up my earmuffs should I have water coming out of the right or left side of the pump adapter or both. I still have it apart and want to check th ings as I go. Have a...