FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
How are you going to service the lower unit area of the outboard? Pull it off with a hoist every time you need to access it below like for an impeller change?
Found this on Facebook recently of a starcraft islander/chieftain conversion for sale. 🤦♂️
This photo is is why some people shouldn't be allowed to get near good boats when they have zero qualifications and too prideful to ask the experts and listen to them involving overhauling design for...
Unless I have unique first hand knowledge of the product where I can tell genuine from non-genuine based on highly detailed photo of the actual part, I stay away from marketplaces like Amazon and E-Bay.
That typically comes into play when dealing with used discontinued parts.
If I don't know...
They still own the rights of the intellectual property and the rights to make parts for them and are on the hook for warranty support of the outboards still covered (dwindling but still present).
That still has value they can "sell" to others.
I didn't see any topic in a search that referenced BRP selling off product divisions.
I wonder how big of a mess BRP is going to create selling off most of its marine assets it merged/absorbed and managed poorly.
I don't see Evinrude directly referenced in this. I'd like to see someone from...
Me and my brain, steering not tilt/trim.
Different process but can be just as difficult or worse if disconnecting the steering arm from the steering cable does not free up the outboard.
If steering is frozen on the outboard itself, that usually requires removing power head and several other...
You are likely looking at something similiar to this video demonstrated for a marine service shop.
If it is salt water outboard, you have your work cut out for you.
Thank you for clarifying, I wouldn't have been surprised if it was in place though.
I believe at least the Evinrude ETEC wouldn't allow the user to change RPM while in neutral and several other current brands likely do the same as well. No need for user to alter RPM in neutral because the ECU...
Briefly looking I found from Yamaha:
https://yamahaonlineparts.com/collections/yamaha-outboard-engine-service-manuals-2-stroke-150-300-hp
I also found what appears an official Yamaha owners & service manual finding website where you can find the part number and buy from them if need be...
The pulser error code is likely very similar to a cylinder misfire code or crankshaft/camshaft offset error code being sent. Engine goes into limp mode as a protection.
As stated above, need to identify the reason why pulser code is happening. Since replacing it didn't fix the issue, you...
You have to pull the drain plugs and pull the hoses that are required to drain all water out and poke where necessary to make sure no blockages are present on the drains. Then re-install them.
Only after that can you hook up one of those gravity fed RV/marine antifreeze kits to the muffs, no...
I'm surprised you didn't mention that you had a bag of microwave popcorn ready to go if things got interesting in this topic.
Forum answer and a show as a bonus.
The OP decided to apply some marketing to the forum title? Are you a salesman?
Need a new annual forum award for best forum topic title name created now.
That way there's some competition on creative thought before posting
If OEM is available, buy it from a reliable source. One of those tanks in good condition are worth rebuilding the fuel connector assembly.
You will waste a lot of man hours doing re-work if those are poor quality.
If you have to remove that transom assembly, that is going to be a huge challenge using 5200.
That stuff is for permanent mounts such as bow and stern eyes.
Some may disagree, but should have been 4200 for the bolt holes.