FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
I have a 99- 40 horse mercury 4 stroke that has a miss between 3000-4000 RPM. It will run around the lake all day below or above that range. I did have a bad coil and replaced it with new. tested the other two and they are in spec. After replacing bad coil , put back in the water and it runs...
I have a strange problem. road a good part of the day, shut down for a couple of hours. when I went back out to ride, the ski wouldn't start. So I did basic system check. Battery ,wires, ect. Engine cranks but will not start. I pulled #3 spark plug to check for spark. As I cranked the engine it...