FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
When I go to put the trim down it gets close to being all the way down then kills the engine. Can't start it back up unless I move the trim up a little bit but it doesn't kill it when I'm hitting the switch just when it gets close to full down need help asap haven't been able to enjoy this boat...
I have just replaced the lower shift cable in my 79 mercruiser and can't get it set right or somthing else is wrong. I replaced the u joint bellow and the trim limit and sender and while I was in there I noticed the cable was a little frayed so decided to replace it but now can't get it to go in...
Alright so I have a chapperal striker 198 with a 260 mercruiser in it and having a hard time hooking up new sender and limit switches. I have the two bullet connectors going into a purple and two blue wires that are connected at the pump I don't know if that was original or the previous owner...