FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have been working on a 35 HP Merc, I have replaced the points condensors and one coil and tested them both they appear to be OK. I think I have a weak spark. If I ground the plug I get no spark through the spark tester, however if I ground the electrode it shows spark. The magnet on the fly...
I was given a 1968 35HP merc Magneto system. I have installed new points, condensers, when using a ohmmeter on the terminal block it shows continuity when I open the points no change. However if I discount the ground wire on the laminated core and run the test have continuity with the points...
1968 merc 35HP model 350. replaced points condenser. When I sent the #1 at .30 BTDC and open the points the ohmmeter reads the same as when the points are closed. Any ideas as to my problem?
when put the spark plug tester on to the plug I get no spark, however when I remove the plug and ground the plug I get a spark. I think it may be a weak spark. I have replaced the condersors, points and one coil. Any suggestions.
Thanks