FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have recently aquired a 40 hp evinrude "Big Twin". Its either 1967 or 68. When i take the plugs out it spins over feely. With plugs in, it will not turn over. It acts like it has to much compression. I even tried starting with two batteries with no luck.
Any ideas what might cause it to not...
I have a 58-59 35hp Evinrude Lark that I am having touble with. The carburator was rebuilt 2 years ago. Last year it start and ran fine for about a mile then stalled out. I tried to restart it and it would never fire up. It started spitting gas from the front of the carburator as when I spun the...