FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Looks like I may have to get a rebuilt power head. What I have now is a 1994 Mercury 200hp carb, motor with all the oil induction took off. My question is could a 175 or 150 power head be put on instead of the 200. My boat is only rated for a 175 anyway.
I have a 1994 Mercury 200hp. I believe it has been converted from an EFI to carbs and the oil injector has been took off. Anyway looking at the power head from the rear on the right side just below the top spark plug is a brass looking, inside thread looking plug and has small hole in it. I was...
I am installing a new water pump (complete) in my 87 mariner Mag 150 and would like to know if anyone has any tips or tricks for this install. I noticed taking it apart that someone had put silicone on top of the plastic piece behind the pump....can't see why. I am also putting in a new poppet...