FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello.
I need some help trouble shooting. This is a 1991 Evinrude 175hp outboard.
The motor is not charging my batteries. With the motor off I get 11.8 V it the batteries, and with it running there is no change.
My tach is also not working.
I need some help testing if it is the voltage...
1996 Mercury 120 xr sport jet.
My tach does not work, but is geting power, when you tuen the key, it moves a little then return to zero. My boat is also running off the battery, as the charging sytstem is dead.
Now how do I know if the stator is bad? or could it be the volatge regulator? or...
My boat does not rev up enough and will not hit top speed like it should. Ive ruled almost eveything out. I now reliazed that its running off the battery, and the stator is blown...
But could a bad stator actually effect preformace and how?
1996 jazz bayliner 120 xr sport jet.
Thanks
Whats the comprssion supposed to be on a 1996 Mercury 120 xr sport jet motor. From a Jazz Bayliner.
And what range can it be in before it needs overhauled?
thanks
I just bought a 96 jazz with the 120xr. I cant get the thing past 25mph. My buddy used to have one and it should go mid 40's.
I have cleaned the carbs, fuel filter. The compression is OK if stock is suppoed to be 125. Is that right? (125psi)
It has a new rev limiter, and all the plugs fire...