FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Looks like I need to open the motor up. I have an 2005 Tahoe deck with a 5.0 Mercruiser. Short story is impeller went out, motor overheated and it failed a leakdown test miserably. So I need to figure out if its bottom or top end. But I am trying to locate a repair manual to tear down the motor...
Looks like I need to open the motor up. I have an 2005 Tahoe deck with a 5.0 Mercruiser. Short story is impeller went out, motor overheated and it failed a leakdown test miserably. So I need to figure out if its bottom or top end. But I am trying to locate a repair manual to tear down the motor...
Was driving back home on the boat and there was smoke from the engine compartment and out of the transom. Have a chevy 5.7 with a mercruiser aplha 1. I think the boat is and 03 22' Tahoe. The engine would start and run intermittently but does not engage into gear, just dies. The engine looks...
Just got an 05 tracker boat with a 5.0l mercruiser engine. The engine will crank and want to start up but soon as the engine catches itself to fire it dies. It will run on starting fluid but soon as that runs out the engine dies. Not sure what carb is on there or what to check