FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Trim switch went out on my 1987 Astroglass with a Mercury Black Max 150. Can't seem to find a replacement trim switch part number. Does anybody recognize which throttle assembly this is? I tried the following link, but didn't see my exact model there...
1986 Mercury XR2 Black Max 150
Shaft isn't spinning with the motor so I got the blank off kit, but I can't get the shaft out to install the blank off. lots of people talk about doing this, but nobody says how to get the shaft out. So, how do you get it out?
And are there supposed to be three wires going to it? I don't see another wire that would have broken off just laying about anywhere.
Second question, is the small black item with two posts a fuse?
Thanks for the pointers!
-Bryan
Is there a waiting period to be able to see attachments? I was trying to view the pic in this thread:
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-repair-and-restoration/electrical-electronics-audio-and-trolling-motors/8419637-1986-procraft-1780v-wiring-diagram
but nothing is showing up. Just...