FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
What should I be running timing at? Total is 30 with just mechanical advance. I'm not sure what springs are in there or what the advance is at idle. I set it at ~2500 rpm to make sure it was fully advanced. There is no vacuum advance
Starting procedure is turn the key. I was afraid of flooding it so I don't use the throttle. I did let it sit for a couple hours before trying to start it and still nothing, still could be flooded though. I did flush the fuel system when I got it and filled with non ethanol. Spark is good...
Ok new to the boating world but not unfamiliar with a sbc based engine.
I bought a boat(1990 Bluewater ProAm Skier) from a coworker this year with a known blown head gasket. Replaced both gaskets and it fired right up. Took it out to the lake and it started off the trailer and ran for 10-15...