FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
We mainly use our boat in freshwater, but occasionally visit Destin, Florida (Salt water).
I am wondering what Anode kit to buy. I do know Magnesium is "freshwater only". I think that is what is on the sterndrive now because the parts are "pitted".
Does that mean Zinc or Aluminum is for salt...
I have a mercruiser alpha one impeller OL732338, I am trying to find a rebuild kit. I have never replaced the impellar since I have had the boat about 5 years. I have searched and searched but not sure which kit is the correct one.
Thank you,
Re: Mercury 3.0L Lost power and Shakes @ low RPM
Wel I figured out I was not in "base mode" I replaced the cap and rotor before in the early spring.
I finally figured out how to set it in base mode when I now realized my marks are severely rusted and I am not sure where TDZ is. The notches are...
Trying to figure out how to set the timing on a 3.0L V4. starting from scratch. How do you set it into "base mode" and the firing order I know is 1,3,4,2, but I also need to know where 2 degrees Above Top Dead Center is according to the timing mark and gauge behind the alternator. Can someone...
I recently had an apparent "timing" problem and when running at high RPM's blew out the number 2 plug and the number 1 was a little melted. I replaced the plugs, and checked the timing (2 ATDC) and set it. I recently replace the distributor and rotor and the plug wires are good.
It fired right...
I recently had an apparent "timing" problem and when running at high RPM'sblew out the number 2 plug and the number 1 was a little melted. I replaced the plugs, and checked the timing (2 ATDC) and set it. I recently replace the distributor and rotor and the plug wires are good.
It fired right up...