FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My 1988 Yamaha 50 hp is only firing on one cylinder.It starts easily but will only idle with the choke closed.
I had started it and it was idling smoothly when there was a backfire(not very loud).After that it ran as stated above.I first suspected fuel system issues but all seems right.
Can I...
I have a small leak at bottom of petcock valve. Fuel lines appear okay. Do these valves just start leaking?Can they be patched or repaired?if yes ,how?
I've been given 1975 a 6 horse evinrude,model 6504R and when I started it no water came out.I shut it down right away but am wondering if it needs to warm up before it works?Will it be a steady stream or mist when working properly?Where the water be coming out?Thanks