FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thank you for your response, the story is I have a mobile service mechanic change the head gasket for me and he couldn’t get the engine running. So I let him go I did my research and I get the top dead center right and get it going. Then when I did the compression test I saw the psi 125-137...
Thank you for your response, the story is I have a mobile service mechanic change the head gasket for me and he couldn’t get the engine running. So I let him go I did my research and I get the top dead center right and get it going. Then when I did the compression test I saw the psi 125-137...
Thank you for your response, the story is I have a mobile service mechanic change the head gasket for me and he couldn’t get the engine running. So I let him go I did my research and I get the top dead center right and get it going. Then when I did the compression test I saw the psi 125-137...
Thank you for your response, the story is I have a mobile service mechanic change the head gasket for me and he couldn’t get the engine running. So I let him go I did my research and I get the top dead center right and get it going. Then when I did the compression test I saw the psi 125-137...
Thank you for your response, the story is I have a mobile service mechanic change the head gasket for me and he couldn’t get the engine running. So I let him go I did my research and I get the top dead center right and get it going. Then when I did the compression test I saw the psi 125-137...
Thank you guys and appreciate your comment.
my concern is the psi reading. 137 is not close to 175 there is 35 psi difference. So that what makes me think I may have bad oil rings ???
As I check it should be between 120 -175 psi i know I am in the range but close to 120 psi
I re machined...
I did not check it on the water yet . But my concern is the psi reading. 137 is not close to 175 there is 35 psi difference. So that what makes me think I may have bad oil rings ???
Hello friends, I replaced the head gasket to my engine it’s Volvo penta GXI 5.0 because I have 115 psi in one cylinder and the others have between 130-135 psi
After I changed the head gasket and changed seals valve re machine the head , now I have my compression test in all cylinders 137 except...