FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I had my 1977 6hp evinrude on a 12 ft jon boat and it went well. The I got a 11ft semi v hull richline and my top speed is only about 10 mph is there any way i can get more out of my motor with a change of prop?
i was on the water and all of a sudden the engine stopped like it ran out of fuel checked tank plenty in there. I took the motor home pulled it a bunch and there was no fuel on the plugs completely dry.
I took my carb a part and looked at the low speed needle and it is just a little nub and was wondering if that is what is suppose to be that type and not the pointed one
im thinking about making my own gas tank fuel manifold out of aluminum or stainless to fit on on of the older 6 galllon fuel tank and was wondering if I should just replace the O ring or just make a new manifold with a vent and pick up
know nothing about outboard what oil should I put in the lower unit I also just got the motor and cleaned out the carb. What shall I check or do maintenance on?