FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hit a rock and busted off about 1/2 my skeg. Got the lower unit housing in at the welding shop they want to know how far I want the new skeg to go beyond the propeller? one inch? I have nothing to measure from old skeg is gone. I would guess just enough to protect the propeller?
1985 115 hp Merc outboard Lower unit drain / fill plug striped out. When it rains it pours. Can you install a helicoil without taking the parts out of the lower unit? I'm almost thinking of draining it good cleaning it up real good and JB Welding the plug back in, then fill with a squirt type...
I have been having a lot of electrical problems with my 1985 115 hp Merc inline 6 cyl. I'm pretty sure I have a bad stator or stator going bad. I have already replaced both switch boxes, Now I can't even get my boat up on plane it stats missing so bad. Starts ok idles ok low speed ok, bad high...