FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just got a 1999 2600 wellcraft with a 5.7 efi and bravo III outdrive.
The steering and throtle controls are quite a bit stiffer that my old alfa 1 set up.
Question: should this be or do I need better lubrication?
Just bought a 1999 wellcraft 2600 the bottom was painted by the previous owner at pier 47 in wildwood with interlux act black. They did not leave a gap of an inch around the bravo 3. I assume I should try and strip off the bottom paint around the outdrive so contact is eliminated. Any...
Due to bravo III corrosion issues would it make sense to paint or clear coat the prop to help prevent galvanic corrosion? If so with what?
2nd question has anyone used one of the anti foul spray paints to touch up the bravo III. no corrosion issues yet just a small bare spot on the skeg...
My friend and I were considering going from Erie to long point or some where upthere. Never went across the lake and was looking for suggestions on where to go, is this a bad idea? what should we be aware of? saftey concerns... customs.
If you have been that way any suggestions or stories...
At the end of last summer got my first boat 1986 searay 230 wekender, 5.7 260 hp wot 4400-4600. 50 gallons of fuel 3 - 4 people, beer food and 200 pounds of gear. not sure what it weighs
I have two props the 1st came mounted on the boat 48 78 118 17 (the 118 is hard to read so it could say...