FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just want to verify that I am testing the regulator correctly.
Engine is a 1987 225HP Yamaha Excel XH.
I have a low battery problem in that the battery is always at about 12.5V even with the engine running.
I disconnected the rectifier/ regulator and tested as per my manual with an ohmeter.
It...
I noticed on a few of your posts that you changed the Precision blend oil control unit on your 85 Yam. I was wondering if you had replaced it with the old (same) style control unit or the modified version that Yamaha sells now with the lead that goes to the pulser coil. I have an 87 Excel that I...
I had problems with the main tank either overfilling or not filling. Checked float - OK. Replacement control unit has extra wiring that says it should get hooked up to the pulser coil wire in the CDI.
The old control unit had no such hookup.
Can anyone tell me if these wires need to be hooked...