FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Can anyone identify this Mercruiser exhaust Y pipe mounting pattern to transon plate. It goes to a 1985 wellcraft 23 ft 230 aftcabin. with a 350 cid Mercruiser chev. engine with a ???? drive unit. As you can see, it is not an Alpha-1 drive unit which I through I had. I need to get the Y pipe...
After months of restoring a 1985 23ft.aftcabin wellcraft that was said to have newly rebuilt 260-270 HP (i think) 350 Mercruiser engine, I have a huge leaking problem with the boat. After launching it water was coming in at the bottom of the transom under the inside out-drive mounting plate...
Got instruction on winterize water drainage on a 1985 Mercruiser Chevy. 350 260 HP.
This included the manifold, engine block, water pump & power steering cooler.
This year I will be rock fishing in the Chesapeake Bay in VA & MD. Up until Jan. 1. The boat is on a trailer.
Question?- How can I...
I have a 1985 mercuriser 350 cid engine. Do not know HP. Maybe 260-270 HP.
Does anyone know what model out-drive went with this engine, and what is the gear ratio? All number are missing.
Just purchased a 1985 23 ft. wellcraft 230 aft-cabin. It has been in boat-motel storage since 2000. Engine was rebuilt in 1999 and has110 hours on rebuilt engine.
I have no manuals or papers on boat except the engine rebuild bill and work sheets.
I am trying to get Identification model...
Just purchased a 1985 23 ft. wellcraft 230 aft-cabin. It has been in boat-motel storage since 2000. Engine was rebuilt in 1999 and has110 hours on rebuilt engine.
I have no manuals or papers on boat except the engine rebuild bill and work sheets.
I am trying to get Identification model...
Just purchased a 1985 23 ft. wellcraft 230 aft-cabin. It has been in boat-motel storage since 2000. Engine was rebuilt in 1999 and has110 hours on rebuilt engine.
I have no manuals or papers on boat except the engine rebuild bill and work sheets.
I am trying to get Identification model...
I purchased a 1985 wellcraft 230 aftcabin this spring. Engine was rebuilt in 1999, ran for 40 hours then stored in boat-motel after winterized until this past spring.
I ran engine while on trailer with hose water for tune-up and check. All seam good. NOW I want to winterize until next spring for...
Just purchased a 1997 225 HP 3 litre mercury on ebay with only said 130 hours run time. Seller said motor ran good before repowering his boat with a EFI model from this carb. motor. This motor's lower unit had been canibalized to a friends motor. This motor was sold without lower unit. I...
Just purchased a 1997 225 HP 3 litre mercury on ebay with only said 130 hours run time. Seller said motor ran good before repowering his boat with a EFI model from this carb. motor. This motor's lower unit had been canibalized to a friends motor. This motor was sold without lower unit. I...
I just got a 1997 225 HP, 3 litle 25" shaft mercury outbaord motor with out a lower unit.
Engine only has 170 Hours running time and look new.
I have trouble finding a lower unit for 3 litre 225 hP & 250 HP O/B. & pricey.
I have found lots of 150 & 200 HP 2.4 & 2.5 litre lower units.
Will these...