FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a dp-c1 outdrive on a Formula 233, while running on hose I notice water is coming out of the 2 "pipes" against the hull from the drive, is there any water that exits the cavitation plate on the rear of the drive where rubber flap is or just exhaust Thanx
I am winterizing my 302fl for the first time since owning it, it is raw water cooled. I read where you can use RV anti freeze??? I have always seen conventional anti freeze used, just want to make sure I am doing it properly, Thanx
Hi, I am looking for help, I have a formula 233 with a ford Volvo 302, the ratio is 195 to 1..I am about 3-400 rpm's short.. I am not sure what props are on it now as its in the water, how or who can give me info on this. I am well versed with single drive and inboard propping but in the dark on...
Hi, I repower this winter with another 302 ford motor which is in front of a duoprop drive, motor was from a reputable builder in ME...I started it today and there is spark at the cap and plugs on all cyl's. But removing wires from # 3,5,7 from cap has no effect on motor which is rough at...
hi, I have a 302 Volvo motor, appears to have weak spark and missing when running, I am thinking coil as every other thing checks out, there is a black rubber connector (looks like a inline fuse holder) with a single pin connector in it coming off coil, is this a resistor as not sure which coil...
Hi, I have a 97ish dpc1 in a formula 233 I am redoing. Finally got snow to melt enough to do a bit today. On the helmet between the mounting yoke (on top) is a round plastic gear that meshes with a flat mounted plastic gear. The round one is broke, I am thinking this is for a trim indicator? If...
Hi, I am changing the outdrive lube and wondering if I am correct, You drain the fluid with the drain plug under the prop shaft ( above the skeg) and fill with 75/90wt synthetic until it register's on dip stick? The seloc manual is very unclear about this. Thanx and a Happy Holiday season to all
Hi, I am repowering a Formula 233 and my question is, on the intermediate housing ( between the bell housing and the transom) there is a chrome slotted screw on top, what is this? Can find it in any manual. Thanx
Hi, I recently bought a 74 formula 233 with a soft spot on each corner of the floor near the transom. I cut the deck roughly 4 ft from the transom and straight across the beam of the boat. I was able to remove the non skid surface in one piece with the intent of putting it back down after the...
Hello, I am new to this site, Thanx for reading and please bear with me. I bought a 74 Formula as a project and it has been repowered in 97??? (the owner wasn't the one to repower it and not any help). It has a Volvo (Ford) fs 5.0 motor and a duoprop drive. My questions are 1- How to id the...