FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I'm looking at a Sea Rayder jet boat as a possible trade. I have another Sea Ray with a Merc outboard but I know very little about jet boats. I'm not even sure what engine is in it yet. I think it's a 14' with a 90. I'll know tomorrow after I drive 50 miles to look at it. Is there any way to...
Hi...I downloaded the appropriate service manual for my Mercruiser and it was a life saver (not to mention a money saver...the real manuals are pricey). Thanks for that info.
I have since sold the boat with the Mercruiser 470 and now have an 88 Sea Ray Seville with a 135 Sea Ray branded Mercury...
I have an 88 Sea Ray branded Merc 135. I get no spark unless I disconnect the black/yellow killswitch wire from the switchbox. According to what I remember from my last Merc manual (it went with my last boat and I'm waiting delivery of a new one) this indicates a short in the harness or...
I have an 18' Cobia Sunskiff with a 1988 Merc Classic 50 on it. I don't have a way to measure top end, but it seems kinda slow at wot (I'm getting around 5000rpm with several people aboard). I'm considering a trade for a 1979 85HP Evinrude. Any thoughts or opinions? How big of a job is a motor...