FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1972 Boston Whaler "Sourpuss Model. I bought the boat, motor, and trailer from the original owner and it's a fresh water boat. The gel coat is lightly oxidized with only a few minor dings. I have spider cracks on the inside of the hull at the usual stress points. I was wondering the...
I have a 1972' Mercury 40 H.P. Im restoring, and I am working on the tank, the sight glass is bad and the one I ordered is not correct. The sight glass I have has a square base with a dome on top. The one everyone else has seems to be a round flat lens about the size of a nickel. I have Dean at...
I am restoring a 1972 Mercury 40 Hp engine and I need the fuel gauge window for the tank, I am also in need of vintage decals for it as well. On a different note, I need the male plug" pig tail "to plug into the Merc vintage controls to run a tachometer. Any antique boat and motor restorers out...
I have just purchased a 1972 Boston Whaler 13' "Sourpuss Model" with a 40 H.P. "402" Mercury from the original owner, and it's all there, and has not been jerked with and is remarkable condition for 40 years old. This boat, moter and trailer will recieve a no expense spared restoration to mint...