FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a Evinrude 18hp Fastwin and I cant locate the model number only the serial number A599. The compression is low so I will need to purchase parts to repair. Is there any way of working out what year this outboard is. Its in really great condition so I think its worth rebuilding.
Hi I have a 1976 55hp Evinrude that has just been rebuilt, rings ,bearings, all gaskets replaced. Compression is 150/150. It was pumping water fine then I noticed it had stopped. I replaced the impellor but still did'nt pump water. I was told the head gasket might of gone so I checked...