FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Long story short - I bought a Bayliner with a 90HP Force '98. The engine runs great except the idle is kind of finicky and every time I take this out, I just don't have confidence in this motor -- or maybe better put, I don't have confidence (or the time) in myself to get this motor up to 100%...
Putting aside all other adjustments to timing, reed valves, idle screw, etc. - if my motor is SOMETIMES dying from idle to gear, would that usually be an indication of too lean or too rich? If too lean, I want to adjust mixture screws on all three carbs 1/4 out; if too rich, I want to adjust...
Hi all - I know there's a sticky for boat manuals, and I tried looking through it to find the manual for my motor, but it was super confusing (and my computer wasn't properly running flash). Any help would be appreciated.
Water is coming into the boat when there is 4 adults and weight shifts to the back. Everyone’s feet get wet, and if someone has a bag on the deck, it’s an issue.
I see no need for these stupid things. I get their function, but I’d rather just plug them and manually bail out the water with a...
1998 Force 90HP
Issue I've been having is that the motor runs great, except when I go from throttle to neutral -- 9/10 times it dies. Starts back up fine, but then I shift into gear, go a bit, and then back off into neutral -- dead.
I've been going through the carb and timing tutorial I found...