FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thanks for the input on taking the seat out. As to your question about the v-hull being called a john boat, well the only thing I can say is around here this boat is commonly known as a John boat or Utility boat. I believe the proper name for the boat is Utility boat.
I have a 1980 16ft V hull, all welded aluminum jon boat that I am currently restoring. I am wanting to open the floor up a bit by taking out the middle bench seat. My concern is that I will be compromising the integrity of the entire boat if I take this seat out. The seat is welded to the side...
Do you have a suggestion as to the wood that would be the best to use? How about the paint? I plan on using the Rustoleum Hammered paint on the inside of the boat. Will that work for the plywood too or should I choose something else?
I have a 16ft all welded aluminum v bottom jon boat that I am needing to replace the transom on. I have been doing allot of research on the subject but have not quite found the information I am looking for so I'm hoping that you guys can help. The old transom on this boat is completely rotten...