FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I rarely use my nav lights as I go out daytime. I noticed though while cleaning the boat when I turn on the nav switch the gauges all ping out to the right. I turn it off and they go back to normal. I took off the panel thinking there was a crossed wire but everything looks good behind there...
I have had a heck of a time with my windlass. Got a new one, used it twice. After going through the whole thing today realized my issue may be how it is hooked up to my battery. Seems it is only hooked to one of my two. So when I run off the other battery, as I have not knowing and not using...
I have a Glastron 2005 gs 249 cabin cruiser. Last two times I had my boat out it is noticeably difficult to steer. Seems to vary and get tougher the faster I go? After the first trip I noticed some oil or hydraulic fluid when I pulled it out of the water and took out the plug. I worked a lot...
Re: cannot separate old windlass to replace it!
I tried with my crowbar to separate these from the middle. No luck. Tried hitting with another hammer the shaft as well from the bottom and nothing. This is the original and maybe it is corroded tight?
:mad: I have tried this for over two hours. I have an anchor craft lewmar windlass that is very old and I am simply going to replace it. Never has worked right even after replacing the solenoid. Unscrewed the for bolts underneath and they won't come out or fully unscrew due to the length of...
Hi, I finally upgraded from a small outboard after years to a 25ft Volvo inboard Cabin Cruiser. Much different. I was hoping to take it out for New Years with the kids but won't start. My fault of letting it not run for the past month and a half due to heavy travel. I am in FL so, heck its 76...