FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just bought an aluminum jon boat yesterday. The boat was in the water all year. There is a buildup of scale about 1/16th of an inch on the hull below the water line. Does anyone know how to remove this scale??? I just viewed on another post that muratic acid is too harsh for aluminum.
I just bought a boat with a 2001 25hp mercury tiller. I just noticed the skeg is bent form hitting a rock. It is not cracked , Just a small chip is missing. Is it possible to bend the skeg back to the original position. If how do you do it without breaking the skeg off.??