FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
First of all I want to say thank you for your input. Secondly I was just asking questions to cover all bases wasn’t trying to offend, didn’t know your back ground. Im not a mechanic, but I can understand the frustration in my trade that i’ve been doing for 20 years when someone second guesses me...
Okay, would it be a bad idea to back it off a couple turns so the shift forks can move further to cause better engagement? I wouldn't go more then 1/3 or is that not a good idea?
Yes the rod was fully threaded in, I’m guessing that’s not supposed to be the case? I takes 6 turns to fully thread in, what would you recommend? If I go half way (3 turns) would that be safe? Or is it something I’ll have to play with to find the sweet spot?
Hello,
I'm having an issue with the motor not wanting to go in to forward gear while running. It goes in revers fine but in order to go forward I have to hold the shifter with a lot of pressure just to limp back to the dock. It was doing fine all morning, but about 3 hours later is when this...