FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2001 19cc Promaster Bay Boat that's blowing out around turns. The motor is mounted in the middle hole which doesn't quite put the cavatation plate even with the bottom of the hull. If I drop it down will it help with this issue? I've also heard that cupping the prop will help hold...
I have a merc 50 that isn't charging. Can anyone tell me if the rectifier is built into the regulator and if not, where does the charge come from? The motor is about a 2004
Going monday to look at a 99 150 fast strike. Can anyone tell me the correct compression readings for this motor? Also, is there anything I should know about this motor, i.e. common failures, good or bad purchase.
I just bought a 2001 195fs in which the seat backrest and side cushions need replacing but I can't seem to remove them. The middle of the backrest are bowed out and I can see some metal clips that it hangs on but I can't get the ends off. Any ideas on how to get them off?
I just bought a 2001 195fs in which all the seat back rest and cushions on the sides need to be replaced, however I can't figure out how to get them off. The center of the backrest are bowed out and I can see a metal clip on which it just slides on, I just can't see how the ends are attached...
I have a 1996 johnson 88 with tach problems. When I bought the boat the tach wasn't working. I replaced the rectifier and still doesn't work. Can I cut the 3 wires off the system check tach cannon plug (black, purple and grey), and wire them to a non-system check tach? Also, if I do that will...