FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thanks everyone that has helped me with this motor for I have now got it runnnig from Carb to removing the lower unit to replace the Impeller.
I Now have a new issue.
When I start the motor up in the Neutral Position the propeller spins in Forward (causing it to be very hard to get off of...
I Just got the ipeller in and the SOB still isnt pumping water. What could it be?
I took the old one out and there were no wings left on it at all. I blew air through the motor from the PEE hole. As I put the new impeller in the guys at the shop said that it should have to "worked in". Another...
I have a 14ft aluminum flatbottom john boat. I want to put a 1970s 20 hp Johnson with electric starter on it. Im going to rebuild the transom (of course). The boat is pretty old (70s) and its not very wide. But it is deeper than most of those type boats that I have seen in the past. Im wondering...
Serial # 6517700
Im new to boat motors in general, but I have learned alot and I get the basic unerstandings of mechanics and the internal combustion engine.
Is it posible that this motor is air cooled. There is a tube that connects to the motor just above the upper spark plug. I would have...