FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
One I realized I was chasing the wrong wire, I went back and started chasing the black wire. I can't find any issues, so I thought I would start from scratch and rewire it, but the Faria gauge doesn't have the standard terminals on back, it had a plug in module with 4 wires. And the sending unit...
Folks, I guess you will have to talk to me like I'm a 10 year old when it comes to marine electronics (I can work all in and over a human body, but this one has me stumped). I cannot find where the ground an anything else is wired together. The ground coming from the gauge travels about 6...
I bought a Sweetwater pontoon with a 40 hp OB. The man I bought it from said there was a problem with the fuel gauge and he thought it was a wiring problem. When I turn on the key, the gauge doesn't move. But when I turn on the NAV lights, the gauge moves to 1/2 then when I turn on the key, it...
I have an older 2 stroke 40 hp that has a couple of ports on the lower unit I'm not sure of what they are. I've had several O/Bs before, but other than the gear oil drain and check ports, I also have one labeled "Water" and the other one does not have a label. And ideas on these ports? Thanks.
I'm not a mechanic and will probably have to go to one, but I have a couple of questions that I haven't found the answers to just yet. This motor has set up for 2 years without being run. It is on a Bass Tracker Pro 17, and I am thinking about buying it. I bought a new battery and have confirmed...