FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a general question as to batteries on my 2011 330 Express Cruiser Yacht. It has a Dual 70 amp input Guest Isolator with 3 outputs. I run two main batteries for the engines, one for the generator and two aux/house batteries. Last year the top terminal of the isolator (main bat term) melted...
Need clarification on a timing question. The service manual for a OMC 4.3L V6 (1988 yr) with point ignition system states that the BTDC timing is set @ 1 degree for regular fuel and @ 6 degrees for premium. This is a long way apart. I have twins and can somewhat regulate what type of fuel I run...
I have just purchased a 1988 Thundercraft Temptation 265 with twin 4.3 litre, 205HP (high output) OMC V6's. It has the OMC (dogclutch) type sterndrives. My marine "guy" told me these motors take a R43T ACDelco Plug but the engines currently have R44T ACDelco plugs? He hasn't heard of these...