FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Is it safe to use Evinrude TC-W3 2 stroke oil in my gas for a 1975 25 hp Evinrude outboard. The guy at the boat shop said its better. It just seems a lot thinner than the Penzoil Marine 2 cycle I had been using. Any advice would be helpful.
We have a lot of different types of outboard motors at my job and when I arrived it was common practice to crank the motor on the trailer out of water before leaving the office to make sure it will crank when we reach the river. I was always told by my outboard mechanics that this is a very bad...
I just replaced the all the seals in the lower unit of my 1975 25hp evinrude. I did not replace the bushing and seal for the shift rod. Is this going to matter, I know it was kind of lazy but I did not have the right tool for it. I replaced all other seals and put a new water pump and...
I have a 1975 25hp Evinrude mounted on my 74 Sears jon boat. The boat is lightweight aluminum and is sixteen feet in length. What kind of prop can I use on this motor to improve performance such as speed? The boat with just me in goes about 25mph. I rarely have a heavy load in the boat at...
I recently removed the lower unit on my 25hp 1975 Evinrude (25502B) and installed new seals in the gearcase and a new water pump housing and impeller. I tried to start the motor but it would not turn over at first. I then realized by taking the motor cover off that there was a crack in the...