FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I know the stringers are rotten on this 46 year old boat, but also the transom. My debate is to repair it and have fun with it, or scrap the project. Think I'll go with the first choice. My question is ... should I replace the stringers before I remove the cap? I have heard of hulls...
I am curious how you guys are flipping your boats over and/or getting them off the trailer. I know ... in time, I'm gonna have to flip mine over to do the sanding-etc on the bottom, but I'm at a standstill of how this is done safely and with no damage to your boat? How are you doing it ...
I know there is a motor with this name, but did they also make a boat? I have a 1963 Hiawatha 14 footer with a Johnson Rd-18 40hp on the transom. I'm looking for information on this boat. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Hello ... This is my first post about the first boat I have ever owned. It is a 14 foot 1963 Hiawatha with a 30 HP johnson behind it. I've heard from many that it did run and float recently. The steering needs recabling and alot of TLC. I've tried learning more about this boat but Google...